Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Negative Nancy

Yesterday, I went to the book club at the library. It's great. On my way home, I promised myself I would never ride the bus home alone, and I would either carry a cellphone or a can of mace. Good call. I think I made that decision because being a girl by herself on a sketchy street corner waiting 15 minutes for a bus at night is not a wise choice to make. Maybe I wouldn't have been so concerned if a random man didn't stand awkwardly beside me. The whole time I was freaking out in my mind about the random man, I didn't hear what he said to me, which turns out he was asking me if I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I do, and then he blessed me and continued chewing tobacco and spitting awkwardly a couple meters away.
Once again, I will not ride the night bus alone again.

As I got off my bus I checked behind me to make sure I was not followed (always a fear of mine). Also a fear of mine, in the dark. I have very blurry vision, and in the dark everything just morphs into one big blur. Because of this I am always extremely and over-actively cautious about going outside at night. I looked out for skunks and raccoons . I also decided if a skunk ever sprayed me, I'd kick it.

No comments: