Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Train

Visiting a major city recently via train, I was unfortunate to have to sit in close proximity with an over 30 year old male, and his (relatively speaking) mentally retarded friend. They proceeded to have a conversation whilst sitting on opposite sides of the isle, and communicating by yelling. However bored and tired I was at the time on my way home after the sun just set, I could not help but be forced to listen to their conversation as it was right in my ear, and therefore I was forced to learn this one man's life story in approximately 20-30 minutes of torture.

In my short years, and most recently I have developed ideologies and opinions about our short lives. One is that 30 year old men fucking suck.

This man was so pathetic. He hadn't seen his kids in 6 weeks, calls them every Sunday, but this past Sunday they were eating dinner and were behaving well so he didn't want to disturb them so he said he would call them back another time. He also was moving to Calgary to get a new job, and he will miss his kids (who he doesn't seem to miss now, or else he would visit them often-his wife doesn't mind him visiting them) and if it doesn't work out then he always has a place to stay here.
What he actually mean to tell his friend is "I'm going through a mid-life crisis where I miss the freedom of being single and not married. I wish I could relive those days, so I will move to a foreign province in hopes of experiencing the same things again. If it doesn't work out, I will move back and accept that time can not be reversed.

The man beside me (sans-enfants) and the man across the isle (sans-vie) then discussed party opportunities and hooking up, in the most un-classy fashion. "Yeah...So next week I'm going to New York for a couple of days. I mean, there's the business meeting I have to go to on Monday, but for the next couple of days I'll go to bars and stuff. I don't go there to just hook up, but if something happens it happens. You know what I mean?" said sans-vie.
What Sans-vie obviously meant to say was "I am clearly going to brag to you about my success at being free as I am not married and I have had great success at not only being sent to another Country on business trips, but I will get laid while I am there."

No comments: